We are now starting our 28th week....our 5th on bed rest. Things seem to be going well according to the doctors, so we are hopeful to make it a while longer. How much longer, nobody knows!
It's being a hard time for all of us. For me, the inactivity, sitting/laying on my butt all day and not being able to help my family with the daily things (or anything else, for that matter). You feel pretty useless, and a friend had to remind me that I wasn't useless since I am doing this so that the baby will be okay. I never thought I was a super active person, but somewhat active, and I can sure feel the difference! Thankfully I am working from home, which helps keep me busy and will help my return to work be easier as well (plus hopefully I am helping my coworker Margaret a bit!). For Rich, because he has taken the role of the single parent, dealing with his busy work owning his own business, plus all the logistics of taking care of Tyler 24/7, the house, preparing meals, etc. And for Tyler, he had a hard time understanding that mommy can't now do the things she did before, that she can't help him when he needs or can't go play with him. He is more adjusted now, but I think sometimes it is hard for him to deal with this new situation.
We are all hanging in there and it's a growing experience. One really positive thing we have discovered is that we have many people who love us and who have been a great help to us. From family members to neighbors and friends, to new friends that didn't yet know us that much, we are very grateful to have so much help and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment