Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beginning our walk on the trails

First of all: Happy Birthday to my mom!! Today is her birthday :)


While Rich was hunting, I decided to take the kids to beautiful Lake Lansing North park and walk one of the trails. It was a gorgeous and warm afternoon, the trees are changing colors and it was the perfect afternoon for it. Tyler was very excited and wanted us to take some food for the animals we would see (according to him we'd see bears, lions, tigers....) I told him if we were lucky, we may see a deer, so we decided to take some apples and a picnic dinner for us.
Below are a couple of pictures from the beginning of our walk









It was all going great, the kids were eager, Isabella was walking like she could walk the whole thing and I was amazed.....BUT of course, about a 1/2 mile into it or so, she started getting tired and I had to carry her for short periods....which became longer periods until I ended up carrying her the whole time. I think we missed the sport where you can take a shortcut and make the trail shorter so I believe we ended up doing about a 3 mile trail. Poor Tyler keps saying: "this is the longest walk ever", but he was a trooper and did it. We did enjoy the woods, the trees and the colorful leaves.

















We finally got to the end of the trail and all of the sudden, when the kids saw there was a playground with some slides, they had all this energy! We played a bit, no pictures since I had to keep my hands close to Isabella (this playground is clearly for older kids than her!), and then we went to the nearby open field to seek some sun (believe it or not, there were mosquitoes in the shaded areas by now) and eat our picnic dinner: sandwiches, apples and grapes, juice and water. To celebrate the end of a great afternoon, I then took them for ice-cream before going home. What a great time!

Here they are being silly after finishing our picnic dinner (Isabella still chewing some food)

No comments: